Content continues to rule most marketing methods, and there is evidence to support my assertion.
Simply put, content marketing is an essential aspect of any digital marketing strategy, whether you’re running a small regional company or a big multinational corporation.
After all, material is indisputably the really lifeblood upon which the web and social networks are based.
Modern SEO, for all intents and purposes, has actually effectively ended up being optimized content marketing as Google demands and benefits companies that create content showing Expertise, Authority, and Reliability to the benefit of their clients.
Content marketing involves producing and sharing important, pertinent, entertaining, and consistent material in numerous text-based, video, and audio formats.
The main focus ought to be on bring in and keeping a clearly specified audience, with the ultimate goal of driving lucrative customer action.
But with so much material being produced and shared every day, it is essential to remain upgraded on the latest trends and finest practices in material marketing to keep pace.
To assist you do just that, here are 30 content marketing statistics I believe you need to understand:
Content Marketing Usage
The number of businesses are leveraging material marketing, and how are they planning to find success?
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, 73% of B2B marketers and 70% of B2C marketers utilize content marketing as part of their general marketing technique.
- 91% of marketing pros surveyed by Semrush attained success with their material marketing in 2021.
- A B2B Material Marketing Research Study carried out by CMI discovered 40% of B2B marketers have a recorded content marketing strategy; 33% have a technique, but it’s not recorded, and 27% have no strategy whatsoever.
- Half of all marketers state they outsource some content marketing.
- The pandemic increased material usage by 207%.
Content Marketing Strategy
What strategies are content online marketers using or finding to be most reliable?
- 83% of online marketers believe it’s more efficient to develop higher quality material less typically.
- In a 2022 Statista Research Study of online marketers worldwide, 62% of participants stated they believed it was very important to be “always on” for their clients, whereas 23% believed content-led interactions were most efficient for tailored targeting purposes.
Types Of Content
Content marketing was associated with publishing blog sites, but the web and content have developed into audio, video, interactive, and meta formats.
Here are a couple of stats on how the numerous kinds of content are trending and carrying out.
- The leading 3 types of material being developed by marketing teams in 2022 included videos, blogs, and images.
- Brief articles/posts (83%) and videos (61%) are the leading two content types that B2C online marketers used in the last 12 months. Their use of long-form articles increased to 42% from 22% in 2015.
- Short-form video content like Buy TikTok Verifications and Buy Instagram Verification Reels is the most reliable kind of social media content.
- 40.8% of marketers stated original graphics (infographics, illustrations) helped them reach their marketing objectives in 2020 (Source: Venngage)
- 72% of B2C online marketers expected their organization to buy video marketing in 2022. (Source: CMI)
- Short material (300-900 words) attracts 21% less traffic and 75% less backlinks than posts of typical length (900– 1200 words.) (Source: Semrush State of Content Marketing 2022)
- Interactive material sees 52.6% more engagement than fixed content, with buyers investing an average of 8.5 minutes seeing fixed material items and 13 minutes on interactive material products. (Source: Mediafly)
It is not just sufficient to produce and release content.
For a content technique to be successful, it should include distributing material via the channels frequented by a business’s target audience.
- Buy Facebook Verification was the leading circulation channel for B2C marketers in the past 12 months and the channel that drove the best outcomes. (Source: CMI)
- B2B marketers reported to CMI that LinkedIn was the most typical and top-performing natural social networks circulation channel.
- 80% of B2B marketers who utilize paid circulation use paid social media advertising (Source: CMI)
When content reaches an audience, it’s important to understand how an audience consumes the material or takes action as a result.
- A 2021 DemandGen research study exposed 62% of those making B2B purchase choices said they relied more on useful material like case research studies and visual content, such as webinars, to direct their purchasing decisions and pointing out a higher emphasis on the reliability of the source.
- Purchasers are willing to invest no greater than 5 minutes evaluating most content formats. (Source: DemandGen Content Preferences Study)
- In a recent post, blogger Ryan Robinson reports the average reader invests 37 seconds checking out a blog site.
- 65% of respondents to DemandGen’s survey stated they offer more credence to peer reviews, user-generated content, and third-party publications/analysts vs. company-generated material.
Material Marketing Efficiency
Among the primary factors content marketing has actually removed is its ability to be determined, optimized, and connected to a return on investment.
- B2C marketers reported to CMI the top three goals content marketing assists them to achieve are developing brand name awareness, developing trust, and educating their target market.
- Material marketing generates three times as lots of leads as standard outgoing marketing however expenses 62% less (Source: CMI).
- 56% of online marketers who leverage blogging say it’s a reliable method, and 10% say it produces the best ROI (roi). (Source: Hubspot blog site research study)
- Over 60% of marketers measure the success of their material marketing technique through sales. (Source: Hubspot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
Content Marketing Budgets
Spending plan modifications and the desire to invest in particular marketing techniques are excellent indicators of how popular and effective these techniques are at a macro level.
The following stats certainly appear to indicate marketers have purchased into the worth of material.
- 61% of B2C marketers in CMI’s 2021 study stated their 2022 content marketing spending plan would exceed their 2021 spending plan.
- 22% of B2B online marketers said they invested 50% or more of their overall marketing budget on material marketing. Moreover, 43% saw their material marketing spending plans grow from 2020 to 2021, and 66% anticipated them to grow once again in 2022. (Source: CMI)
All forms of marketing included obstacles related to time, resources, proficiency, and competition. Recognizing and dealing with these difficulties head-on with well-thought-out methods is the best method to conquer them and understand success.
- Leading obstacles consisted of “bring in quality leads with our content” (41%), “creating enough traffic and promoting our material” (39%), “creating content that resonates with our audience” (31%), and “proving the ROI of our content” (30%). (Source: Semrush’s State of Material Marketing 2022)
- Modifications to SEO/search algorithms (64%), modifications to social networks algorithms (53%), and data management/analytics (48%) are amongst the leading issues for B2C online marketers. (Source: CMI)
- 47% of individuals are looking for downtime from internet-enabled devices due to digital tiredness (Source: EY Survey)
Time To Get Going
As you can clearly see and perhaps have actually currently understood, material marketing can be a highly reliable and affordable method to create leads, build brand awareness and drive sales.
Those happy to put in the work of developing a recorded material method and executing it by producing, distributing, and enhancing high-value, appropriate customer-centric material can enjoy substantial company rewards.
Featured Image: Deemak Daksina/Best SMM Panel